Facing depression can be a hard thing to do. We all need motivational quotes to brighten our day!
We all dream of a happy life without any kind of problem.
However, real life does not always work that way.
Sometimes, problems arise. Difficulties that seem impossible to overcome, from serious health issues to financial problems, many things can make even the most optimistic person worried about their future. And this is when of the most terrible enemies in a person’s life comes to the surface with all its devastating power: depression. Depression affects people from all walks of life, in every country, no matter their background. It can affect people of all ages as well. It’s estimated that 16.2 million adults in the United States, or 6.7 percent of American adults, have had at least one major depressive episode in a year. In the whole world, some 300 million people suffer from depression.
According to verywellmind, “depression can begin at any age, and it can affect people of all races and socioeconomic statuses.”
Here are some of the statistics on the demographics of people with depression:
- The median age of depression onset is 32.5 years old.
- The prevalence of adults with a major depressive episode is highest among individuals between 18 and 25.
- 11.3% of adults who report two or more races have experienced a major depressive episode in the past year.
- 8.7% of women have depression.
- 5.3% of men have depression.
A CDC survey revealed that prevalence rates among men and women have been fairly consistent over the last decade.
Research has shown that women experience depression at roughly twice the rate as men. While the exact causes of this gender disparity are unclear, this increased prevalence in women is often linked to factors such as hormones, life circumstances, and stress.
But depression can be beaten. It’s not an all-time disease that is going to sadly accompany the lives of those who are suffering from this devastating mental disease.
There are, of course, many ways to overcome depression. A good starting point is to read and repeat some inspiring quotes filled with positive energy. They will surely boost the overall mood of those suffering from this terrible mental disease. Pass this article on to a friend, relative, or acquaintance suffering from depression. It will be helpful!
And if you yourself are suffering from depression, we are sure you will find some of the following quotes about depression helpful to stay strong and keep beating this illness. Every single day you need to stay motivated and have positive thinking towards life.
Life is beautiful, and these quotes are a good reminder of the incredible gift you received a long time ago: the gift of life!
Here are 22 uplifting quotes for depressed souls:
1. “Once you choose hope, anything is possible."
2. "A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you."
3. “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.”
Francis Scott Fitzgerald
4. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time, we fall.”
5. “If you are in a bad mood, go for a walk.If you are still in a bad mood, go for another walk.”
6. “Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
7. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.” Christian D. Larson
8. “Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it.”
9. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.”
10. “You don’t have to control your Thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.”
11. “We learn from failure, not from success.”
12. “Change your thoughts and you change the world.”
13. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you will start having positive results.”
14. "Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light."
15. “When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don’t see the one that has opened for us.”
Alexander Graham Bell
16. “I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all, I still know that just to be alive is a grand thing.”
17. "There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind."
18. "Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment."
19. “I am not bound to win, I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to the light I have.”
20. “Start by doing what’s necessary, then do what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”
Saint Francis of Assisi
21. “I’ve had some dark nights of the soul, of course, but giving in to depression would be a sellout, a defeat.”
22. “There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
We hope some of the above quotes about depression have sparked the fire within you. We wish you to stay strong, fight, and win your battle against depression. Every single day you must stay motivated and have positive thinking toward life.
Life is a gift. Don’t waste your time. The world deserves the best you that you can be!
And now, An Angelic Prayer for Healing Depression
From our book 365 Prayers to the Angels - Get Your Prayers Answered and Fulfill All Your Dreams With the Help of the Angels)
If you are struggling with depression and you’re looking for hope, try this powerful angelic prayer.
You know my heart and you know that I am battling the inner demons of depression and hopelessness. I trust your love and know that you will help me come out of this darkness. Please, calm my troubled heart. Guide me to find solace, happiness, and contentment in myself and in my life. Paint my thoughts in the brightest colors. Please, embrace me, fill my inner darkness with your healing love so that I might stand restored. Take my hand and guide me out of the dark places into the light of my soul. Remind me that, even in thedarkest moments of my life, I can be a blessing and a gift for someone. Remind me that my light always shines.
Your daily tool to connect with the Angels is here: 365 Prayers to the Angels: Get your prayers answered and fulfill all your dreams with the help of the Angels"
Ebook and Paperback
Ebook and Paperback
Get ready to ask and be open to receive. All you need to do is to invoke the Angels at your side and pray to them. 365 Prayers to the Angels is your daily tool to connect with your Angels.